sunroof problems (e36)

I have a 1992 325is and like it very much, except for problems with
the sunroof. The original owner got tired of recurring problems and expensive
repairs and had the rooftop mechanism disconnected. Now there is noticeable
wind noise coming from the sunroof at higher speeds, and it also rattles
once
in a while. Any suggestions on how to fix or minimize these problem? I do
not mind having the sunroof disabled, but I would like it to be tightly
sealed.

Also, the car has a digital speedometer in miles. Is it possible to change
it to kilometers? How is it done?

Thanks to all.

Jorge

92' 325is