the E65 7 series - Ughhhh

My take on the i-drive is this - shouldn't a car be intuitive to the laymen
driver, the wife, the friend on a long trip who shares with the driving, as
soon as they get in the car?  Why would they design a complicated
non-intuitive design like that and expect it to be accepted by the masses?
Lame, BMW, lame.  I like to get in a car and pretty much know where
everything is, how it works, without having to give it much thought,
dedicate much time, or read any stinking manual to understand how the
vehicle works!  And that rear end?  What are they smoking over there?  Looks
are EVERYTHING to a high end car /buyerowner!!!

My wife just bought a 99 Jag XK8 and I find it bothersome that some controls
just don't feel intuitive, I keep getting the volume control mixed up with
the fan control (same sized knob right above the other one!).  I don't find
it very intuitive, and it's a pretty simple layout.  I can't imagine a
spouse of an executive getting in this freak-ship E65 series and having any
idea what to do.

Bad, BMW, bad...
I'll keep my 7 for a long time (unless I'm one day enticed to buy a used Jag
XJR - have yet to drive one, but they look so hot in black at the Jag
dealer's used car section!)

Steve :o)
95 740i 99k miles
88 911