Sluggish start revisited--

My car ('92 325i  100K)  was cranking slowly in the am (in NJ-- weather
getting cold).  Changed to lighter oil. Still cranking slow and then
turning over.

Battery has a 'green light' so seems to be charged.  What else might
cause the motor to crank really slow at first and then turn over?  Could
battery still be bad (and/or alternator) if I'm still getting a 'okay'
indicator from the battery?

Sorry for all the questions, but I want to go for a ride, not taken one
for one and would appreciate whatever diagnostic advice you can offer.

Oh, if my CV joint is going bad, when I get it replaced do I need to do
an alignment also...and how long can it stay bad without affecting
safety?

Thanks a lot...again!

Doug
- --