2000 323 Coupe - Lego construction project

My BMW 323 coupe, year 2000, makes me feel that if
someone hit it in the right spot, it would pop apart
into all of its many plastic pieces.  It's
put together like a Lego construction project.

After colliding with a snow bank, the plastic
parts that masquarade as a bumper became detached
from each other; the plastic cowling around the
front wheel detached, and the plastic cover
under the car detached.  All of these plastic
parts in the front end are intricately connected to
each other.  Knock one and they all start to disassemble.

The BMW 323/325/328 is extremely fragile, and
susceptible to extensive cosmetic damage following
very minor impacts.  God help anyone who has an
impact above the bumper, where the hood curves
down.  There's more plastic parts under the hood
then you could imagine.

It would be nice to replace all of the plastic
parts in the front end of the 323/325/328 with
metal.  At least then you could bend the parts
back into shape after meeting a snow bank.

I look enviously a the chrome metal bumpers of
older model BMW cars.

Lew Stelmach

lew.stelmach@domain.elided