Re: E36 wheel bearing replacement -- how often?

Brendon,

I had to replace the rear bearings in my '93 325i - but not until about
120,000 miles.  Both front bearings were fine - at least as far as I know -
when I sold the car at 153,000 miles.  Seems strange to me that two sets of
bearings would bearings would wear out so quickly.

I also replaced the rear shock mounts at about 75,000 miles along with all 4
struts.  The new mounts were still OK when I sold the car.  From what I have
heard, this is a fairly common problem.

Dave Raymond
'01 530i
'95 VW Jetta GLS