E-36 Valve ticking

My '96 e-36 328i M-52 engine with 80k has developed a
valve ticking.  I probably notice it 80% of the time
hot or cold engine, usually disappears about 1,800
rpm.  Recent Insp II oil change made no difference.  I
know this is not uncommon after hard driving, but this
is practically all the time.

Are the hydrallic followers prone to failure or should
I suspect an oil pressure problem...or is this normal?
 Other suggestions?

=====
David Morrison
Austin TX
85 4Runner Crawler, Lifted ... on jackstands ;^(
http://greetings.yahoo.com