E30 Trailing Arm Bushing Question

  I'm in the middle of replacing the rear suspension bushings in my 88
325iC.  Neither trailing arm wanted to go back in place with the new
bushings installed.  With the driver side, I was able to convince it by
giving the bushing a small memory.  I used a 6" C clamp and a ~30 mm socket
to push the bushing (metal cylinder of the bushing) in towards the middle of
the trailing arm, left it that way overnight.  The next morning, it
practically fell into place.  I can't get the same trick to work for the
passenger side trailing arm.  Does anyone have any tricks/tips they would be
willing to share which may help get the passenger trailing arm installed?

PS - Merry Christmas!

Thanks,
Keith Turner
88 325iC