37 degree beep

Your right. Water doesn't freeze until 32 deg. F. However, here in WNC, I
can drive less that 1/2 mile and see the temp. change as much as 10 degrees
in low areas. I never noticed this before until my wife & I started drive
Bimmers with the temp display. So, I believe the reason that they have the
warning come on 5 deg. early is to warn you that you COULD possibly run into
some ice, so be prepared to slow down if needed.

Just my 2$ worth.

Merry Christmas all!!!!

Richard V
BMW CCA Tarheel Chapter