Re: ASC - dangerous!!!!

I can't say I've had a lot of seat time with BMW's ASC but I did have a
scarey experience with a brand new Mercedes S-class with their version of
traction control.  I was test driving a car with my Dad in light rain.  I
gunned it around a corner, intending to make the the tail slide out a bit.
A totally intentional and controlled move but the traction/stability control
didn't like it.  Resulted in a 270 degree spin that left my father
speechless and mouth agape.  Don't like any computer aids including ABS.  I
turn them all off if I can.

That being said, for the average driver who has never seen a skidpad or
driving school and usually reacts to problems but slamming the brakes, ABS,
ASC and stability control can save lives.

Henry