Annual Winter Tour to PTG with the NCC and Blue Ridge Chapters

For BMW CCA members

 From http://www.bcpl.net/~ncc/tour/calendar.html

ANNUAL WINTER TOUR TO PROTOTYPE TECHNOLOGY GROUP

        Saturday, January 19, 2002
        Prototype Technology Group
        Chantilly, Virginia
        Start: 8:45 A.M.
        Snow Date: To be determined

Come join us on our annual tour to PTG. We will meet in Sully Plaza,
along Route 50 in Chantilly, Virginia. At 9:00 A.M. we will begin our
caravan along
Route 50 to Winchester.

The tour of PTG, Tom Milner's 23,000-square-foot facility, will begin
at 10:00 A.M.  PTG has campaigned BMW M3s with great success in IMSA,
USRRC
and ALMS competition.  In addition to the M3 race cars, hopefully we
will see a variety of historic BMW race cars that BMW NA entrusts to
PTG for
maintenance and transportation.  We will have a close-up look at the
new BMW M3 GTR as it's prepared for its upcoming race. <We hope!> If
you have any doubts about whether the tour is on or not (because of
bad weather), call Steven Schlossman at 202-478-0768. There will be a
special message if the tour has been cancelled.

National Capital Chapter members please R.S.V.P. no later than
January 12, by e-mail, to Steven Schlossman at
steven@domain.elided, so we can give Tom a head count. Blue Ridge
Chapter members, contact Byron McCauley at lbm2e@domain.elided

Note: Bring FRS radios if you have them. It will make the trip more
enjoyable. Bring an extra radio for someone else. We'll use channel
13 for ///Motorsport.

Additional note: NCC members, bring your helmet and gloves, in case
we decide to do some go-karting at AllSports Grand Prix in Sterling
on the way home.

Directions to the Start:

 From the Washington, DC, Beltway (I-495)

Take I-495 to exit 49, I-66 west.
Take I-66 west to exit 57B to Route 50 west.
Turn right into Sully Plaza, not Sully Place (at the northeast corner
of Centreville Road and Route 50).
We will meet between First Union Bank and KFC along Route 50.

 From the Baltimore Beltway (I-695)
Take I-95 south to I-495 west.
Follow directions above.

Gas and coffee are near the start.

Note: National Capital Chapter members, be sure to get on our email list.
Send me an email with your membership number and I'll add you.

Feb 3, 2nd Annual BMW Mini Grand Prix at Allsports.
Info at the bottom of http://www.bcpl.net/~ncc/tour/calendar.html

...steven
NCC, BMW CCA membership