Re: bmw-digest V9 #1997

Help...I have a 1998 328i w/ 57k, purchased w/ 10k.  Unknowingly, I ran on 87
octan gas for 47k.  I don't know if this the cause of my current problem or
not.  last month, I filled up car w/ gas, next morning car would start but
but would stall when trying to put in gear.  i thought it was bad gas.  I
barely got car in gear and it drove fine.  Ran out gas, refilled and no
problems until this week.  Same problem.  I got car in gear by steping on
brake and shifting ( automatic) in drive.  Drove away, put in new gas and
problem has gone away.  Because it happened again, I don't think it is/was
bad gas....help with ideas.  Thank you.