check lights

The coolant level indicator in my E30 M3 saved my life (well,
actually, my wallet). It turned out one of the coolant hoses had a
huge gash and was spewing coolant everywhere. It never overheated
because I stopped the car soon enough and had an emergency repair
made.

Joao T. da Costa
'89 e30 m3
'97 e36/5 318ti