95 540ia finally sold - Thanks Digest members!

Someone got one hell of a bargain - we finally sold her 95 540ia for $15500
today to a nice gent from Sterling, Va. who saw it on Classifieds 2000.  He
was happy as a clam, and it was for his wife.

The wife's newish 99 Jag XK8 Convertible came 3 hours later (3 hours late!)
from Pennsylvania and is beyond gorgeous.  We were both a bit heartsick to
be selling this beloved beautiful green 540i, but the new car will serve her
well, I'm sure.  For all of you that think "Jags - yeesh!  Talk about repair
bills and stodgy handling...", just go out and drive an XK8.  It's the most
thilling car I've driven in a long time, maybe ever!  Yeah, it's no M
Roadster in the speed department, it's no Z8 in the wow dept, it's no 99
540ia in the back seat room dept, but for exhilerating driving, 290 hp, top
down fun, and the prettiest looker this side of a Ferrari, it ain't bad!
And for $45k, we couldn't come up with a better 2 door coupe.  I really
wanted to see her in a 2001 Mercedes CL500 coupe but we didn't have an extra
$116,000 sitting around.  BMW doesn't even build a 2 door coupe like the
850i anymore, and after her last experience with a 91 850i, she never would
have went for it.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving, and enjoy a safe, peaceful holiday
season.

Steve Robinson
95 740i
88 911
99 XK8 Hers  Blue/Blue/Ivory leather 22kmiles WOW!  Hate to get this excited
about a non BMW car on the BMW forum, but heh - sometimes I just can't help
myself.  It won't happen again, I promise. :O)