<E34> Dashboard Computer - No Display

In BMW Digest v09.n1975 Rick <rickg@domain.elided> wrote:

> RE:  1994 525i
>
> The display on my dashboard computer is not visible during the day,
> and barely visible at night.
>
> What could be wrong and what is the procedure for removing the computer?

The illumination bulbs have died.  Get three 62-11-1-368-299 bulbs
from your dealer or parts supplier.  Pull the radio out, but don't
disconnect it.  Reach into the dash through the radio opening and
pull the plastic lever at the rear of the OBC.  The OBC will pop
out of the dash.  Replace the three bulbs.  Reassemble.

Curt Ingraham
72 tii
Oakland, CA

End of bmw-digest V9 #1976