battery drain

>Subject: E30: Battery Drain
>Can anyone suggest some possible reasons for a slow drain of current
from my
>battery when the car is off?  Clock?  Those silly idiot lights and
their
>rechargeable batteries?

Tony:
There's a very simple necessary check to do before deciding the battery
or alternator are at fault. Check that the trunk lid closes. Yes, that's
right, because it is adjustable, and if the adjustment lets it sit too
high the trunk light will stay on all the time, giving you exactly the
symptoms you describe. It happened to me. A crescent wrench and about a
mintute of time will fix it if this is the problem.
Peter Cain
London, Ontario