RE: bmw quality problems (a bit long)

Interesting, I just recently joined this list to help in an upcoming
purchase.  I've been driving Mercedes and Alfa Romeo's for years and was
hoping for something with the handling of the Alfa's and the quality of the
Mercedes, or something on that line anyway.  I know that my experience with
Mercedes on recalls have been excellent.  I bought a 73 450 SLC a couple of
years ago and took it into the dealer in Tampa for a VIN check.  They gave me
a list of all major repairs ever done, then told me that the car had three
outstanding recalls and when would I like to schedule them.  The recalls were
from the late 70's and one from the early 80's.

Ed Gibbs

78 MB 450 SL
78 Alfa Spider
77 Alfa Spider