RE: bmw quality problems (a bit long)

A closed recall?!?  People on the Scirocco list are still having their fuel
tanks replaced free of charge due to a recall, and the newest Scirocco even
sold in the US is an '88 model.  I think the recall applies to '86-'88 cars
or some such thing.  Of course, the dealer probably isn't overjoyed to do
the work, but they don't say the recall is closed.

Parts of poor design or poor quality don't just get better over time, and if
safety is concerned, they don't get any less dangerous over time either.

Aaron
'87 528e
'82 Scirocco
'70 Beetle