RE: 540i/6 vs. 740i Sport

FWIW, the E46 3 series is quite a bit bigger than your E36. As a matter of
fact, the combined front + rear legroom on the E46 is slightly more than a
new 5 series. Surprising but true, check out www.bmwusa.com. Also, in
sitting in both back seats they feel similar. The 5 is wider, so would be
better for 3 across. The 7 of course is much bigger inside. Just my 2 cents;
I think I'd actually prefer a 3 to a 5 as it has similar interior room and
is more agile.

Greg