RE: 540i/6 vs. 740i Sport

I've been trolling for opinions/things to look out for....

and Mitch wrote back:

> You're kinda comparing apples and elephants here!  To me, the
540i/6 is a
> much more sporting choice, especially because of the manual
transmission.
> (Oh ... under full disclosure ... I should tell you that I have
a 540i/6.)
> OTOH, I was disappointed when I drove a 740i Sport.  Not just
the differences
> in transmissions, but I found it way too softly suspended for
my tastes.  It
> was a suburb+highway course during a Komen Drive for the Cure,
so I'm
> assuming that the car was adequately prepped and cared for.

Yes!  Yes I AM comparing apples and elephants, but that's why I
threw the query out there in the first place.  At this point,
interior space isn't a priority but I'd like something bigger
than my 328is and my bride prefers 4 doors.  She also prefers
stick shift.  So based on those criteria which have finally been
set in stone, it looks like it's the 540i/6.

Now, is there anything I need to look out for with the 540i/6?
I'm looking at '98's and '99's.

John Virnig
'97 328is but looking for more