RE: 540i/6 vs. 740i Sport

John:

You're kinda comparing apples and elephants here!  To me, the 540i/6 is a
much more sporting choice, especially because of the manual transmission.
(Oh ... under full disclosure ... I should tell you that I have a 540i/6.)
OTOH, I was disappointed when I drove a 740i Sport.  Not just the differences
in transmissions, but I found it way too softly suspended for my tastes.  It
was a suburb+highway course during a Komen Drive for the Cure, so I'm
assuming that the car was adequately prepped and cared for.

Of course, our driving styles may be WAY different.  And, I rarely have more
than just me in the car, so the extra space and comfort of the Seven isn't a
consideration for me.

Enjoy the research -- have fun driving a few of each car!!

                               => Mitch