Reply to Re:e28 schock replacement

Removing the shock springs is not that difficult. Autozone will rent for free the spring decompression tool. You just need to take your time and be carefull.

If you are going to replace the shocks, the top shock bearings should be replaced at the same time. It is a waste of time not to replace

You also will need to buy the tool from Bavarian that will separate the suspension components without ripping the rubber boots.

I would stick with the Bilsteins. The boge shocks are definitely not as good and I have had problems with them.

The difficulty of replacing the shocks is about a 3 on a 10 scale.

Tom
88 535is