RE: Dustless Barke Pads

Michel Drainville [mailto:MDrainville@domain.elided] wrote:

> In all these discussions about different brand names, when
> people refer to PBR, they always refer to the Deluxe categorie.
> I never hear people commenting PBR Metalmaster pads.  Why?

Actually, I had posted a mini-review of PBR Deluxes, MMs and Hawk HPS pads
just the other day.
In my experience, MMs are not much better than Deluxes but do squeal
noticeably more. They provide a bit more progressive brake pedal feel, but
fade just as fast.

> I put Metalmaster pads on my E30, daily driver, and I feel that
> they are just OK, nothing special on stopping power, when hot of
> course. When I bought them, I was under the impression that I
> would see a big improvement in stopping power, but it was barely
> noticable. BTW they don't dust at all and are quiet.

Give them time, they will start squealing.
You can temporarily quiet them down by beveling the edges and/or smoking the
crap out of them.

alex f
'95 M3 HPS for the street - Blues for the track
'98 328i MMs for the street - n/a
'89 325i Deluxes for the street - n/a