Re: Dustless Barke Pads

On Oct 17, 2001, "Bob Duckworth" <rduckwor1@domain.elided>  wrote:

 |>>Overall I have tried about 5 brands of pads and none seem to provide
 |that feel that the factory pad does.<<
 |
 |Maybe its just me, but I always thought that the factory pads weren't
 |very good for feel or stopping power.  The PBR Deluxe are much better
 |in my experience.  Just goes to show that everyone's experiences are
 |different.

As Bob and others have pointed out, there is some discussion as to the
stock pads being either really good or not good.

If I may ask, for those of you who commented on this, what is your
driving experience?  Do you race?  Autox?  I'd like to use these
comments, but unqualified, they don't really help me very much.

I do race, but I will not be racing my M Roadster.  However, I do
drive with spirit on the road when conditions allow, and I may do a
club day now and again, but I will leave true high performance driving
to a purpose-built vehicle.  Of course I am concerned with good
breaking ability (the stock pads are far better than my other cars
with and without stock pads - Eclipse GSX, CLK430) and rotor wear, but
I am also concerned with non-performance qualities such as dust.

To the extent that this changes people's comments, I would love to
hear them.  As I said, I do find the stock pads to be very good
(actually, the pedal feel is the best that I have felt in a street
car) and I really like that.  My ultimate desire, of course, is better
breaking and less dust.

Thanks!

/greg

- --