RE: Water Pump Gasket Cement E30

I agree with Alex, if gasket cement of any type is used, then the next time
the water pump needs to be replaced, you'll have to make sure that you
clean all the old gasket and cement from the mounting surface.
Another trick that can be used to help hold the gasket in place as you
re-assemble is this;  put a small amount of grease on both sides of the
gasket and small amount of grease on the bolt threads.  The grease will
hold the gasket to the motor and to the water pump, keeping it in position
when putting it in place.  The grease on the threads of the bolts will aid
in removing them the next time the pump must be changed.  A thin, water
proof synthetic grease is best (I use Finish Line synthetic grease for
bicycles, it is a thin white grease that is water proof).  This is also a
good way to lube the o-rings and gasket(s) on the oil filter instead of
using oil.

happy motoring,
tom