M42 Profile Gasket

It's my turn.  My profile gasket decided it was time to go.
My car (91 318ic) is 190000KM (114000Mi) and I bought it at 134000Km
(80000Mi) so I don't know if it's the original one or if it has been
changed before.

Anyway, I will do the job myself. I have done some engine rebuilt on
american engines before so I feel confident to do this job.

My question to those who did this job themselves, is: Can the head be
removed with the header (exhaust manifold) AND the intake manifold and
plenum all together?  This would save me some time and money (gaskets).
All the procedure I saw up to now, (books and internet) say to remove
everything before removing the head.  Will the head with all manifold
attached to it be too heavy to lift out of the car by one person?

Anything I should be aware of before begining the work??

Thanks in advance

Michel Drainville
91 318ic