Tire recommendations

I just about lost it going around a corner in a rainfall last week, so I
guess it's that time again for me to buy tires and as always, it's a pain.
There's hardly any selection and it's expensive. But anyway, I guess that's
a tradeoff for driving a superb road handler.
Anyway, I was hoping to get some input from you guys...this is for a 1997 328i
I'm a fairly aggressive driver, love those curvy mountain roads. I've yet
to get a set of tires to last more than a year (usually about 10 months and
then I push them another month or so until Fall / Winter comes). So
obviously warranty, etc. is not a big concern since that's a bunch of BS
anyway.
  I've had Conti Z rated(factory set), Michelin V rated and now Dunlop Z
rated. The Michelins were definitely the nicest and best wearing, but then
again they also cost almost $900 for the set.
Anyway, I've looked around town and it looks like my options this year are
a Cooper Cobra W rated (what ever that is) for $520, a Firestone Firehawk
SVX V rated for $730 and a Michelin Sport AS for $865.
Does anyone have any experience with any of these. I'm leaning towards the
Firestones, decent price and I at least know the name. The Coopers are
alluring in price, but I don't know ANYTHING about that tire.

Thanks,

_Mike_