Recent 2002 tire recommendations

  In '96, the hot tip for 2002s was the AVS Intermediates or the A509s
  if you cared about treadlife. I cared about treadlife so I went with
  the A509s.

  It's time to replace them.

  I was bummed to hear that this tire has been discontinued. I found
  it to handle quite well, it lasted pretty long (28k), and it was
  quiet. Its handling was light years past the the Contis and Eagers
  that I had previously.

  So, what are the current hot tips for 2002s? What would you
  recommend to replace the 195/60R14 A509s on my '71 2002? I hit the
  snow maybe once a year and autocross etc. the same.

  What sort of treadlife are folks pulling on their AVS Intermediates?

  I dug up some info about the Yoko A520 as a replacement. Any
  opinions there? Heard they were noisy. My wife has Eagers on her car
  and they are too loud for me.

- --
Bill Wohler <wohler@domain.elided>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD
Maintainer of comp.mail.mh FAQ and mh-e. Vote Libertarian!