E36 - thudding from rear right

Hi all

I hope the above problem is now contained.  This morning, my boss gave me half
an hour off to go to the BMW garage for them to have a look at my car.  The
workshop manager straight away told me the problem, he diagnosed it as a
trailing arm bush failure.  He said he would replace both and it would cost
350 pounds (~500USD).  I was a little shocked, so I consulted my father (he
has a level head) and checked my Haynes manual (sorry, I don't have a Bentley,
but I know I should).  The Haynes told me that it was a difficult job and it
required special tools and that the angles needed to be set up again, so with
that info, I went back to my BMW garage (main dealer) and dropped my car in.

Hopefully this will solve the problem.  I feel a bit of a letdown to myself
since I normally will do all the work myself, and the cost of the parts will
only be around 20pounds (~30USD).  Wages in the UK are about half that of the
US for Aerospace Engineers, so I cant really afford the pampering of the
dealer, nor would it give me much satisfaction.  However, the problem should
be cured, and when I get the car back, I will just turn the key...........

Of course, I will be slating the dealer if this isn't the problem.

Thanks again to all the support and responses I have had from you guys.

Nick
93 E36 325i coupe