RE: E36 - thudding noise coming from rear left

Hi Nick,

If I were you, I would do it yourself. The procedure is really easy, and the
parts are inexpensive. I would stick with the stock E36 components. You can
get them for $12 each, and they will last you at lease another 40,000 miles.
If they don't, the replacement is easy. I am running stock mounts with my
Bilstein/H&R combo for this very reason (cheap/easy to replace). Seems a
shame to pay $300(US) for something that only takes 1/2 hour to replace.
Maybe 1 1/2 hours the first time :-)

You can check out this page for my write-up on my suspension replacement,
which includes the rear mounts.
http://bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3476 (whenever they
get around to fixing their software problem :( )

In the mean time you can check out the pictures at
http://members.home.com/meeboo8/carpictures for some visuals of the process.

Good luck!
Butch