2002 330xi suspension questions

Hi:

I'm just about to purchase a 2002 3 series BMW and am trying to decide
between a 330i and a 330xi. I live in New England (Lexington, MA) and would
like to have an all-wheel-drive car. However, I am disappointed that BMW
has not done any suspension tweaking to the 330xi when purchased with a
sports package.

I have some questions that would help make my decision easier:

(1) What are the exact changes that BMW makes to the 330i when the sports
package is added?  I'm assuming that BMW tweaks the tires, springs, shocks,
and sway bars.  Is it possible to obtain enough detailed information so
that the setup could be replicated (just asking)?

(2) Is it possible to modify the suspension of a stock 330xi to be more
like the 330i tuned suspension and not void the warranty?

(3) Besides the tires, if I was only going to make one or maybe two
changes, where would I get the biggest bang for my buck?

(4) Can I make the changes with BMW OEM parts?

(5) What are the risks?  Any war stories folks might have making changes to
e46 models?

Any information would be appreciated,
- -- Jeff

Jeff Sokolov (jsokolov@domain.elided)