Re: E30 Oil Leak

The oil pressure sensor is near the oil filter on an M20 engine and quite
capable of leaking. It can be deceptive because the oil leaks into the
rubber insulating boot that's connected to the plug, and collects there
until there's enough that it spills out the top of the sleeve that protects
the sender wiring,  way above the actual site of the leak.

The test is easy: unplug the sender and see if any oil spills out of the
wiring. It will be a noticeable amount if the sender is leaking.

If it's the sender, that's good news, cuz they're cheap and easy to replace.
Hope that's the problem.

Russ
'87 325ic
'83 633csi