RE: E30 Finshed M Diff cover Upgrade still a few Q's

I'm sort of new to BMW cars, but in general, driveline vibrations like you
describe are usually caused by universal joints that have lost their desire
to live or an output bushing in the transmission that is worn.  I have an
E36 and the Bentley manual describes the following causes for "Vibration
between 25 and 30 MPH" for an E36 which may be similar to an E30.

a. Front centering guide worn, or driveshaft mounting flanges out of round
or damaged

b. Universal joints worn or seized

c. Flex-disc worn or damaged

d. Center bearing rubber deteriorated

e. Sliding coupling seized

f. Misaligned driveshaft (installed incorrectly)

After reading this, I would suggest you check the center bearing rubber
since you can see it without severe disassembly.  Then if that does not
reveal a problem I would suspect the flex-disc or u-joints next.

Good luck

Mel
'97 Byzanz M3/4