RE: advice wanted on 750i

JMccawley@domain.elided [mailto:JMccawley@domain.elided] wrote:

> I am about to purchase a 750i , 1992, 101k miles.   Any
> owners out there?

Ahem, John, you might have better luck looking for x50 owners in a local
poor house... ;-)
Seriously, these (750/850) are great bahn crusers, but that comfort and tech
wizardry comes at the cost of sky-high maintenance costs. A 750i
owner/friend had recently spent $3+K just getting parts of the HVAC system
sorted out. Take a close look at every little button in the cabin and think
how much it will cost to replace electric motor(-s) that those buttons
actuate. Now double that estimate to include the cost of the engine.
But man, the cars are nothing short of amazing on the highway. The butt
massager alone's got to be worth the price of entry. I'm signing up to drive
the 7's again at the drive for cure for that feature alone (the M3's are not
in the DforC fleet *sigh*).
YMMV,
alex f