Re: administrivia: funky messages

On Mon, 03 Sep 2001 22:41:38 -0400, you wrote:
>i'm still baffled at what the problem is.

>i am reading all the messages being sent to the bmw-digest, prior to
>any processing, and the blank messages aren't reaching me that way.

>additionally, it's not affecting any of the other lists, so far as i
>can tell; it's unique to the bmw-digest.

ok, i think i got it, but it was bizarre.

there were two messages stuck in the outbound queue that were being
repeatedly delivered to the bmw-digest (and not to the non-digest
readers.) they were both from the same digest member, but since it's
unlikely that it was either his fault or the fault of his ISP, i won't
embarass him in public. however, if folks could try to avoid blank
messages until i figure it out, i'd appreciate it (both messages were
entirely blank multipart/alternative mime, which may have been what
screwed up the processing.)

i removed them from the queue about 20 minutes ago and the bogus
digest messages have not recurred (nobody saw any overnight because i
was manually removing them from the digest spool directory.)

richard