Re: this list

>Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 13:49:00 -0400
>From: "Eric M. Hunt" <bmw1@domain.elided>
>Subject: this list
>
>Is it me or is this list becoming harder and harder to read (and
>reply).  Is it possible to move this list to the web?  I think that
>would be a change for the better and would make the list more
>functional.  Not to mention I could access the list from wherever I am.
>
>If anyone has a thought on this, please let me know.  I'm curious what
>others think.
>
>Eric
>1987 325ic

Eric,

I've been on the list for many years, and I haven't noticed any changes, so
it must be your system or ISP.

If you want to access the digest via webmail, do what I do...sign up for a
free Hotmail account (Yahoo will also work, and I'm sure there are plenty of
others).  I can access Hotmail from any PC, anywhere in the world, and check
my mail (including the BMW Digest).

When I find interesting messages that I want to save, I forward them to
another email account that I access using Eudora, and save the messages
locally on my PC.

Another reason I maintain a separate email account for the digest (and other
email lists) is because it confines virtually all of the SPAM email to this
account.  The whores who mine the lists for email addresses and sell them on
those "million email addresses for $19.95" CDs will only have my Hotmail
address, not my personal email address or my work email address.

Hope this helps,

- -rb