Re: this list

On Sep 1, 2001, "Eric M. Hunt" <bmw1@domain.elided> wrote:

 |Is it me or is this list becoming harder and harder to read (and
 |reply).  Is it possible to move this list to the web?  I think that
 |would be a change for the better and would make the list more
 |functional.  Not to mention I could access the list from wherever I am.
 |
 |If anyone has a thought on this, please let me know.  I'm curious what
 |others think.

IMO, a mailing list, be it individual or digest format, is much easier
to use than a web based list.  It can be filtered, archived for a
website, notification is positive, you can read it later, etc...

While the web is great for many things, it's not good as a mailing
list replacement.  IMO, of course.

The key to a good mailing list is either a moderator or conscious
memebers who post signal, not noise.

Of course, a good mail reader that bursts digests helps a lot too.  I
use MH (now nmh)...

My $0.02...

/greg

- --