[none]

Scott,
I have done my own maintenance on a 98, 740 since it was new.  I perform
maintenance on a couple of other BMW's while they were under warrantee also
however, that is another story.
The E-38, 740's come with free maintenance for the first 3 years and I still
spent the money to do the oil & filter change, coolant and brake fluid
change on my own nickel.
So far so good.
When the 30 month lease ran out, I took the car in with the service book
filled in with 3K mile oil & filter changes, annual coolant and brake fluid
changes and the desire to purchase it as a CPO.
The salesperson that arranged the purchase (it was a good deal) noted that
since I my own maintenance he was concerned for the CPO and extended
warrantee.  I told him to proceed with the service check for the CPO
purchase.  The car came out of CPO service check with flying colors and the
salesperson was still concerned that I was voiding the warrantee.  To get
him to relax, I asked him to join me in the service area where the service
manager informed the salesperson that as long as the maintenance is
performed as required and the customer has receipts for the change fluids
the warrantee would remain in tact.  Of course, the salesperson still
couldn't comprehend the correlation between DIY'er maintenance and an intact
factory warrantee.

Rod...