E34 Inspection/CD ChangerAdapter

With 42k on my '95 525iT, I'm a little late getting my Inspection II done.
I'm going to take my car to my longtime mechanic, who is primarily a
Mercedes guy, and I'd like to know what what is procedures are included in
this scheduled maintenance.

I'd love to have whatever input anyone would like to share regarding any
additional items to be keeping an eye on at this mileage or in the future.

Also, I just ordered a new CDX-M30 for my car and don't believe that an
adapter cable will be coming with the unit. Is this an essential item? If
so, where can I get one?

Thanks,

John Byrne