Re: 95 m3 instrument lighting

> > I have a 95' m3, having some
> trouble with the instrument lighting,
> > intermitent failure of the dash
> lights when I turn on the headlights,
> > sometimes it works sometimes not,
> anyone have any ideas?,

I had similar problem with my '92 530i. Fuel gauge on the left and temp
gauge
on the right intermittently dimmed out. Usually I could remedy the
problem by
knocking on the instrument cluster.
After removing and opening the cluster, it turned out to be a simple bulb
replacement job. They were there probably from 1992 and decided to resign.
There are three 3W bulbs, left, right and center. On the E34 cluster you
can
replace all the warning light bulbs from the back, but you have to open
the
cluster (so the motherboard comes accessible) and from the back of the
top
half you can remove the three sockets. NB! You have to reuse these sockets,
they are  part of the instrument cluster and not the bulbs!

Priit