Re:320 in Oz...

Oops, okay I stand corrected! I am bi-continental. By this I mean we spend a lot of time in both
countries, the US and Australia. My wife is from Queensland. I'm into BMW's, and I have driven
and owned them in both countries. While looking at cars in Oz I have never run across a 320 six
cylinder. And no, we don't have a six cylinder 320 in the US, they are either 320, 318 four cylinders,
or 323, 325 six cylinders for the years you mentioned.

I looked at the website you got the 320 specs from, and followed the links from that site to BMW of South
Africa. I couldn't find the specs on the 323's and 325's that you mentioned to compare them. How do they
compare as far as kW's? I don't think there is a lot of difference between the different years. So the
condition of the car would take priority if I were looking. I know you guys pay a lot more taxes and
license fees on the car depending on displacement and number of cylinders. But since they are both six's
I think this would be a mute point since they should cost about the same, fees-wise that is. I'd look for
the car in the best condition, with the biggest engine of course! But then again since I was ignorant of
the engines to begin with they may have different specs than the ones I am more familiar with in the US
models. The smaller may give more bang for the buck and vice versa.

In the US 320's are four cylinders. The 323's and 325's are six cylinders. So there is no comparison in
performance. The six's blow away the fours.

But thanks for the education. We'll be back in Oz in December, I'll hunt down a 320/6 and drive it to see
with it's like. Now if you could only explain to me why they put the four cylinders into five series
there?

Jacob...owner of both four and six's, 320's and a 323.