Re: Zanio and Meguiar's Wax

Astro Shield?  I didn't know it was still around...

I used to use it on my first car (1975 Chev Malibu, Med. Red metallic).  The
Astro Shield made the car look great, and it lasted seven months (Western NY
April-November...car slept in a garage in the winter).

Two things...

1) I recall that people recommended against using Astro Shield on white
paint, as it had a tendency to cause the paint to yellow over time.  I never
saw it happen, but that was the story, and all of my friends with white cars
refused to use it.

2) Although my car looked great while using Astro Shield, I stopped using it
in 1984 (when I moved from NY).  Within two years, all top surfaces on the
car began to fade and crack.  I don't know if it was something that was
initiated by the Astro Shield, or if it was just the year-round exposure to
the Maryland sun.

- -rb