Re: What sealer on an E-30 oil pan gasket?

If originally there was a paper gasket, I suggest you still use the same
kind on gasket. If holding the gasket in place is a problem, some company
sell a kind on non hardening, sprayable glue, that also helps the paper
gasket to seal more. Personnally I buy that sprayable stuff from a GM
dealer. It is OEM GM stuff, the color of the glue is red. I always use that
on my paper gaskets and some cork gasket that are hard to hold in place. I
used it on my E30/M42 oil pan (2) gaskets and on my Toyota 4x4 with a
modified Buick engine with success.

Hope this helps.

Michel Drainville
91 318ic