Re: Wheel Prices in Germany

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Kamyab, Alan (Alan) wrote:

> I just ordered a European Delivery 2002 525 with the Sport Package.
> Unfortunately, I don't really care at all about the new wheels (Style 81)
> that come with the SP. I was considering upgrading to the Style 66M M
> Parallel wheels, which are the optional ones found on the 540 SP. Dealer
> price here is $550 each.

The current Zubehoer catalog lists two:

   8 x 17         36 11 2 228 995   835 DM
   9 x 17 (rear)  36 11 2 229 035   920 DM

I would try to bargain the price down, say, 10-20%.  You may have to be
patient as this has only recently become legal and you may find the local
merchants are a bit out of practice. For the last 70 years, an office in
Bonn would prosecute anyone who tried to sell at more than 3% below list
price. Long live the shopkeepers guild!

- -John
'96 318is

- --