328is CHECK ENGINE Light

A week or three ago somebody on this list was complaining about a
CHECK ENGINE lamp that kep coming on.  I thought "poor bastard"
and went on with life only to have something simular happen to me
right after that.  Damed Murphy strikes again.

Anywho, my dealer diagnosed a loose gas cap the first time, reset
the computer and I was off.  On the way home the light came back
on as I was entering the freeway which allowed the motor to spin
up a bit more than my usual urban plodding.  It was the
connection between the higher RPM's and the light coming on that
clicked in my head.

The second time it was in they ran a fuel system pressurization
test and discovered that the neck of the evaporator cannister was
cracked.  They ordered a new one and installed it yesterday.  I
haven't gotten a chance to really wail on it but so far, so good.
Thought I'd pass on that bit of information.  If the person who
was having all the fun wants to ping me off-list, I'll gladly
fill in the details and whatnot.

John Virnig
'97 328is (for sale)