Re: E46 Fit and Finish

>I am currently leasing a 2000 328Ci and am trying to
>get out of the lease because the car seems so poorly
>constructed.  Some of the problems have been:  a sunroof
>shade that broke out of its mounts, passenger side interior
>trim covering the door weatherstrip fell off, same problem
>now on driver's side door, passenger door weatherstrip
>has now been cut because of poor door fitment.

My 2000 528iA sport/premium E39 has similar annoying problems. The
plastic strip below both front doors sometimes comes loose. The horn
button failed such that it was intermittently honking by itself. Now the
climate control temperature up/down buttons have broken in normal use.
Believe me, I baby my cars, and this one is showing signs of being
fragile. You expect more from an almost US$50,000 car.

- - Bob