Re: Looking for a very clean E36 M3 where to look???

henryhkim@domain.elided writes..

[very good advice snipped]

 >Make sure you've got all the service records and absolutely no accidents or
 >body/paint work.

I wrecked my almost perfect condition estoril blue 97 M3 coupe on July
4.  (I bought car April 17.)  I lost control of the car on a rainy concrete
bridge surface, spun out, and hit a jersey barrier (think 4 foot high
cement wall).  (This was completely my fault as I let the rear tires...
Bridgestone Potenza RE 730s... get too worn.)  Luckily, no one else was
injured and no other cars were involved.  So my car is in the body shop
now.  Repairs are underway this week.  I'm wondering how much value my car
has lost as a result of this accident.  (Assuming the body shop does an
absolutely fantastic job of repairing the car, that is.  The shop owner
drives an E30 and has worked on many BMWs.  They did a great repair job
last summer on my girlfriend's father's Infinity.)

I did not buy this car focused solely on what it would be worth should I
decide to sell it.  However, I also did not buy this car thinking I would
keep it forever.  Has anyone sold a late model BMW that has had body and/or
paint work done to it?  Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,

Kevin Gregg
kevingregg@domain.elided
1997 BMW M3 Estoril Blue luxury coupe, 100% stock
http://members.home.net/kevingregg/m3/
BMWCCA 3411
Columbia, MD, USA