Re: speedometer face plate question

On Sat, 14 Jul 2001, Mr. Dana Sion wrote:

> Would it be legal in the US or just possible to remove the metal face plate
> from the speedometer on the instrument cluster and replace it with a European
> face plate that is reversed as far as the speed measurement goes?  I was just
> wonder as I thought this would be cool and easier on the eyes when I go to
> Canada(grin).

Well, then you would get a lot of practice mentally converting mph to km/h
when you return home.  I believe that unless you get a U.K. face plate, you
only have the km/h scale.  The U.K. face plate, assuming you can buy one, is
marked liked the U.S. one.

You might rather want to swap in an entire U.K. cluster as it doesn't
overread so severely. It also has a rear fog light pictogram, and some
others you might have fun with.

- -John
'96 318is

- --