Re: BMW Windshield Installation Views

James,

One minor correction....the BMW glass is also made by those same glass
companies (e.g., SEKURIT, SICURSIV, SIGLA, SPLINTEX, etc.), and includes
their name AS WELL AS the BMW logo.

The OEM glass only has the name of the glass company (no BMW logo).

Thanks for passing on the info about windshield moldings.  Safelite didn't
tell me about this, but I just called them to check, and they did use BMW
original moldings.  I figured that they did, since the quality of the
moldings is at least as good as the moldings that were on the car prior to
windshield replacement.

Regarding the airbag issue and allowing the adhesives to set...several years
ago I saw a Mitsubishi 3000GT parked at a gas station, the victim of a
front-end collision.  Both front airbags deployed, and the passenger side of
the windshield had a large outbound (from the interior) bump (pushed 2-3"
out!) that perfectly matched the shape of the cover for the passenger-side
airbag.  The airbag cover is hinged at the windshield side, and flips up
toward the windshield when the airbag deploys, and it does hit the
windshield.  So yes, if the adhesive wasn't set, and a front collision
caused the passenger-side airbag to deploy, there is the possibility that
the windshield could be forced off of the car.

- -rb