Re: bmw-digest V9 #1852

On Sun, 8 Jul 2001, "b r" wrote:

> Also planning on rebuilding my calipers, new rotors and Mintex pads from
> Motorworks. thay state that they are better then PRB or factory.  Anyone
> have any experience with these?

I have Mintex Red pads on my wife's '99 528i.  No problems thus far,
equal braking response, and significantly less dust.

Tiniest amount of squealing after 2k mi.  Nothing that a more liberal
application of anti-squeal or a file on the pads wouldn't have cured.  (I
only applied a slight amount of anti-squeal)

They don't seem to be hard on the rotors either.

There still is dust, but it is in significantly less quantity, is brown in
color, and washes off easily.  It concentrates around the bottom of
spokes, so the wheels look generally clean with small bands of brown
around the edges.

Overall, I'm satisfied.

While my wife drives aggressively, it is far from track conditions.  I
don't know how they stand up to repeated heavy braking.

Hope this helps.

- - Matt