Re: My purchase of a 540 6 Speed

Well, as long as you keep you M3 TOTALLY STOCK, and plan to sell it before
it's value depreciates too much, you may have added a small amount to it's
resale value.

Once you add a cold air intake, aftermarket exhaust, strut bar, etc., and
your car is no longer TOTALLY STOCK, it probably won't make a bit of
difference.

I opted for the OEM windshield (without the BMW logo) because Safelite had
it in stock.  A BMW windshield would have needed to be ordered through a
dealer (they didn't have any in stock).  I couldn't wait, as I was getting
my car tech'd for a driver's school, and the cracked windshield wouldn't
pass inspection.

If BOTH windshields were available, and if my insurance company covered
either one (so I was only going to be out my $100 deductible), I would have
chosen the BMW windshield, even though there is no difference between it and
the OEM glass.

By the way, if you look at your glass, you'll see SEKURIT, SICURSIV, SIGLA,
SPLINTEX, etc.  (interesting that they all begin with 'S'!) These are the
names of the glass manufacturer. The same names appears on glass with or
without the BMW logo.

- -rb

- -rb